Saturday, May 16, 2009

Angels and Demons

Official Site: angelsanddemons.com
Director(s): Ron Howard
Writer(s): David Koepp, Akiva Goldsman
Producer(s): John Calley, Brian Grazer, Ron Howard

Starring: Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor, Ayelet Zurer, Stellan SkarsgÄrd, Nikolaj Lie Kaas, Armin Mueller-Stahl, (IMDb). PG-13, 138 min.

I was not too excited about seeing this movie, and it certainly was not on my to see list, but thank goodness I saw it, well, honestly I was going to see it anyway. In any event, from the antimatter research center to the costumes , I was really impressed with the over all production of the film. The production really delivered the essence of Rome, even though I have never visited Rome.

The pace was great; there was no lag, or boredom, and the major parts of the film such as antimatter were explained expeditiously and clearly. I don't think this film was suspenseful, but the sense of urgency in the plot was pronounced through the skillful detective work of Professor Langdon, as he deciphered the significance of one symbol to the next.

Overall this film was fun, fast paced, well acted, and very entertaing. According to metacritic.com, the film earned generally mixed reviews, and rottentomatoes.com granted the film 65 fresh to 110 rotten tomatoes thus far. Good stuff. I'll score it an 85. Stay tuned, movieporium.blogspot.com.

Trailer


Cast Interview



No comments: