Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Network: CBS- I'm Mad As Hell


I heard so much about this movie. And when I finally decided to allocate time to watch this film I doubted the amount of energy I would have to invest to pay careful attention to all the details in the film. Network was so engaging with its raw erudite dialogues, its unfiltered presentations of what many consider facts of life such as inevitable extra marital affairs, executive greed, and the impending midlife crisis, that I was compelled to continue watching despite how tired I was. The most impressive element of this film was how controversial impactful messages possess the ability to attract; thus such impactful messages can be tailored to obtain that end. When Howard Beal yelled "bool shit", the executives ultimately saw his noble rantings as a way of increasing ratings, even though Howard Beal yelled "bool shit" because he was experiencing a mental and emotional collapse. Although Howard Beal's mental breakdown is the center feature of this film, it is the imporatnt messages his precarious mental state produced that bounded me this film.
Network Screenplay







No comments: