Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quantum Of Solace: Bond, James Bond

Quantum of Solace was a film that I was eagerly anticipating. And my anticipation was not met with disappointment. There was action in this Bond from the beginning to the end. The production of the film was amazing although there was not as many gadgets in this Bond film in contrast to the previous Bond films. Technologically the film was not as sophisticated as the others, but the rugged action sequences compensated for that greatly, because the absence of the gadgets were not noticeable unless serious thought was invested. In addition to the gadgets, the classic trademark "Bond, James Bond", was also missing. Daniel Craig is certainly not a pretty Bond, but he does possess a rugged elegance that works well. Unprecedented, Craig is muscular and the previous Bonds were not. Seemingly this bond was tailored to perform acrobatically. I'm a huge James Bond fan, and I love the change. I give this film a B+ because the action scenes were very entertaining, and the dialogue was rich, but I'm critical of the hand to hand combat scene, that was way too reminiscent of the scene in the last Bourne film.





No comments: